The Certificate of Proficiency in Food Science and the Certificate of Food Safety series offer courses that are divided into nine weekly online sessions.
The following course schedules provide an overview of weekly topics, readings, and assignments.
Completion of FS 101 Food Safety Microbiology & Chemistry and FS 102 Food Protection Plans: PCQI once will count for both certificate series.
- Food Science 101: Food Safety Microbiology and Chemistry (pdf)
- Food Science 102: Food Protection Plans PCQI Schedule (pdf)
- Food Science 103: Food Quality and Auditing (pdf)
- Food Science 104: Food Processing and Unit Operations (pdf)
- Food Science 105: Food Production and Formulation (pdf)
- Food Science 106: Process Engineering (pdf)
- Food Science 107: Validation of Food Safety Systems (pdf)
- Food Science 108: Food Safety Case Studies Schedule (pdf)